We live in a magnificant time in which the ancient meets the innovative. This is the time to engage with your curiosity and find your creative edges. Discover the integrative wisdom in this burgeoning new field of Yoga Informed Psychotherapy.
In the Winter and Spring of 2014, Live Oak and Bloom Yoga Studio will be collaborating to offer a 19 hour certification program focused on the ethical integration of yoga theory and techniques into the practice of psychotherapy. This program will offer 5 monthly trainings in which participants will gain both experiential and theoretical knowledge.
Participants in the certification program can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of the integration of east and west theories and practices
- Learn therapeutic applications of yoga techniques for addressing mood disorders
- Learn therapeutic applications of yoga techniques for addressing process addictions and eating disorders
- Learn therapeutic applications of yoga techniques for addressing trauma
- Incorporate yoga informed psychotherapeutic assessment tools
- Develop your embodied professional self
- Gain a clear understanding of when to refer out to yoga therapists and other specialized providers
For more information on the modules, the certification program, and the practical applications of this training, please attend this informational session.